I’ve spent decades helping others reach new heights of personal achievement. First as a music teacher for nearly 20 years, I taught individuals and ensembles achieve national and international acclaim. Currently, I work in the counseling and optimal performance consulting areas, helping people live more authentic, fulfilling lives, and reach their performance goals.
My clients and students have included:
- orchestral musicians
- professional athletes
- corporate executives and business leaders
- university music professors
- Grammy nominated jazz musicians
- locally competitive athletes of all ages
My personal activities have included:
- competing in marathons and other athletic events
- publishing my creative work as a writer and photographer
- conducting ensembles for international audiences
- performing concertos with professional orchestras and as a jazz musician in local clubs
- presenting my writings and analyses at universities and academic conferences.
I believe that mindset and work ethic are the main ingredients in achieving success. Maintaining a strong work ethic, a commitment to learning, and a willingness to fail and recover (many times over) make great achievements available to many of us. The common threads in the achievements I’ve attained myself, and witnessed in my students and clients, are not inherited abilities. They rest in a growth mindset, resilience, and getting mind and body working together. When we develop these qualities, we can reduce performance anxiety, find our highest levels of focused engagement, and invest our best, most authentic selves into the performance area.
I’ve helped many people maximize their potential, and would welcome the chance to help you too. Contact me to learn more.